ADHOC Voltaggio Automotive voltage stabilizer
Inspired by the Italian automotive culture of passion, exquisiteness, excessiveness and playfulness, the Voltaggio is an automotive voltage stabilizer designed with performance, reliability, durability, compactness and form in mind. The proof?
- A non-multiplexing display illuminates all segments at once and does not flicker when moved about unlike a multiplexed display. Provides clear reading even during bumpy rides and does not irritate eyes.
- Ultra low impedance and inductance, solder reinforced traces to maximize frequency response and noise absorption well into the kilohertz region. P=I(square)R! Lower impedance means more noise is converted into power!
- 2 ceramic capacitors at 0.22uF each to filter high frequency noise that affects the audio system.
- 10 X 1000uF, 35V, 105°C high ripple current, low ESR electrolytic capacitors will run cool for years to come without losing electrolytes. The impedance is so low it eats up electrical noise at frequencies of up to hundreds of kilohertz and converts them into voltage.
- A 1000mA switching power supply for a 200mA @ 5V subsystem- that's a 400% tolerance. Room temperature! The entire takes in an average current of only about 85mA @ 12V.
- A monolithic analogue to digital converter and non-multiplexing display driver that yields a precise reading of up to99.9V on a 35V system!
- All circuit components are designed with at least 150% to 400% tolerance (rated at least 2.5 times their applied current or voltage). Who says electronics can't last?
- 2 X 2200uF, 35V, 105°C, low impedance, reservoir electrolytic capacitors. Electrolytic capacitors provide more charge per volume than solid caps. How to make them last? Go low ESR!
|Power rating||:||1.05W (max)|
|Input voltage||:||DC 6V-35V|
|Current consumption||:||85mA @ 12V;|
| || ||43mA @ 24V|
|Chasis||:||extruded aluminium with black anoding finish|
|External replacable fuse||:||5A|
|Capacitor type||:||1000uF high ripple current, low-ESR, 105 degrees C, 35V, custom aluminium electrolytic capacitors.|
| || ||2200uF, low-ESR, 105 degrees C, 35V, custom aluminium electrolytic capacitors.|
| || ||0.22 uf ceramic capacitors|
|Total voltage |
|Voltmeter||:||Three digit, 1 decimal, non-multiplexing, red LED 7-segment display, 4 times per second refresh rate.|